Pages

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Smash Books and I need your opinion on something

Good morning everyone!  Hope you had a great Friday night and that you have exciting plans for your weekend.  I have to work today and tomorrow.  Michael's is having some interesting MITI {Make it Take its} this weekend.  Today we are having body art using some type of special body paint, this should be interesting.  Tomorrows activity is to make an Earth Day Tote since Sunday is in fact Earth Day.  I was just telling Eric last night that when we get a house I want us to plant some trees.  I've never done that before and think it would be great to watch the little guys start out and grow throughout the years.
So yea, to me when I work with the kids at Michael's or if I have a class or demo or even if I am making some boards or whatever...to me; it's not "WORK".  Not in the realm of what I consider work to be.  I have to much fun there and that's not just talking about the crafty things I get to do.  Noooo the people there are great fun to work with.  I truly have lucked out with great management and fellow employees.

I have been working on my Smash Books because I want to have them ready to show off at work.  Why?  Because Michael's is going to start having Smash Book classes...YEAH!
The main one I use a lot if the "Pretty" one.  I have dubbed it my Designs etc Smash Book.  I put anything and everything that I need to know or have relating to anything crafty I do inside. The cover I started out with the word Designs and then it just escalated to this sort of word art or ... well here just look for yourself:
I am not sure if I am finished with the cover or not, I like it how it is but I know me.

Next on the inside:
Not the letter "C", but rather a pocket I made out of some patterned paper and some old packaging
This page and the one next to it list all my Cricut  cartridges I have and anything relating to the Cricut
This is just 2 of many pages that have sketches that I trimmed out of some magazines.  I have them
organized by size; both paper and layout pages
Since I have so many Copics I have them listed here 
...and here
....and here too
and finally here with some extra paper just in case someone adds some
new marker names and colors
The other book I use is for me to keep all the envelopes that arrive from all my great friends & family from all over the globe!  I love to see all the different types of stamps and customs and just everything about a package &/or card.
Appropriately titled "U GOT MAIL"
Just one of many pages already filled with information
Now my third book is more along the lines of my personal Smash book that I would rather not share to much with the world.
I have a lot of these cardstock stickers that are all  "life based" sayings and whatnot so I
thought they were perfect to cover it with.
Just some general journal prompts 
ADVICE NEEDED HERE

Now I have one more Smash album and that is the Smash Mini. Which is to cute for words I tell ya!
I have done NOTHING, nadda, no how... to this one.  I have already decided that I am going to use it for all my concert tickets that I have.  Now in saying that to you all, I would love some advice on this.  I have a few scrapbook pages already created using copies of all these tickets, well most of them anyway...have been to a few since I made those pages.  I know that you ALWAYS want to keep your original pictures and things like that safe and to use copies.  This is why I made the pages using photocopies of the tickets.  But this will be their final stop in this Smash Book, so would it be okay to actually use the originals or would you still use copies?  Let me know what your thoughts are on this.  Actually I am going to get a bigger Smash and use that and not the mini for the tickets.  I just made that decision.  I have literally a ton of concert tickets and a mini wouldn't hold them all the way I want it to.  So still let me know if you wouldn't mind as to use the originals or copies.
I created a poll for this, top right side.

Take care everyone and have a wonderful day and weekend!


Photobucket

1 comments:

Karenliz Henderson said...

I use all the originals of everything I put in my Smash books. They are safe in a book. I feel that I just don't want to find another safe spot in my house for keepsakes. All they journals and smash books will be my daughters someday. Think of the fun when she opens it and finds originals of old stuff that her mother kept. Sounds like a fun time to me.

Post a Comment

All of your comments mean so much to me! Thank you for taking the time to do so.

Smiles!
Christy