Pages

Friday, July 27, 2012

New Card & Some Good News

Happy Friday everyone!  I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to make this post or not tonight as we had some horrible storms here earlier.  The power went out but just for a little bit, thank goodness.  Kevin and I were playing "Family Game Night" on the Wii and noticed how it was shaping up in the soon to be night sky; so we took it upon ourselves to take a few pictures.

                                      


This picture here is a bit blurry but it shows the bad weather coming at us

So this evening I created a card using a new paper pack that I recently got 
This here is the 6x6 paper pad of Amy Tan's Sketchbook collection.  I only just this week saw this entire collection at my Michaels in a 12x12 pad from DCWV.  So I am very happy about that.  This is a very cute and whimsical paper pad and I love working with it. 
These are the sheets that I used for this particular card
I wanted to create a card for my sons girlfriends birthday which happened to be yesterday. 

Here is a picture of the card (there have been some minor alterations to it since this was taken)

The alterations are some added glitz to the sides of the black card stock just to give it some sparkle...I like sparkly things what can I say.

I mentioned the volunteering position in my last post but at that time I wasn't sure if I would get it, well...I did get it!  YES!  So I am awaiting a phone call from the woman in charge of the kiddos area and we will discuss me doing the crafts for them and planning out what/when/how/etc. for all the crafts they do.  How excited I am to be doing this.  

Speaking of working with kids and crafting with them, Michaels all week has had Kids Craft Camp and I have been hosting it at my store.  I have had such a blast doing this with them.  I get to be silly with the kiddos and them with me...which is perfect.  So far this week we have made a ladybug, a bee, cards, key chains, buttons, flowers, garden sign, wax resist water-coloring, bendable wax cards and tomorrow we are going to finish up something that we had to let dry over night to make some cool punch outs for more cards, a bird house and some hand puppets!  Wheeew can you say fun! LoL!  I know I'm a little over excited to be doing this but I truly enjoy it and this is what being happy with your work is all about; truly enjoying what you do.

Oh and I almost forgot, the Mt. Pleasant Retirement Village has requested that I come back in November to have another class for some Christmas cards!!!  I am thrilled to pieces about this.  The Middletown Arts Center has also scheduled me for a workshop on October 6th to make some Halloween & Christmas cards.  There is something called Mid-Fest going on that day and they felt this would be a great time for me to try and get some people interested in classes.

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend!  I will be posting some more soon.

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

All of your comments mean so much to me! Thank you for taking the time to do so.

Smiles!
Christy