Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

New Card Using Spotlighting Technique & Altered Binder Cover

Hello hello hello!!!  It's Thursday evening and my weekend is officially underway.  I have completed a new card using the spotlight technique and this is my first attempt at this type of card. I am pleased that it turned out nicely.

Challenge Card


This card is being entered into a couple different challenges; the first is the original sketch from The House That Stamps Built this is what inspired me to create this type of card. It is Repeat Impressions Sketch A812 The other challenge I am doing is from the Make It Monday blog, 

I used Copic Markers V17, V15, V12, RV14, RV17, RV19, YG17, YG13, YG11, YR65 and Y38
The colored image was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Cougar Opaque - White paper

Altered Binder Cover
I joined a new group and they handed me out a binder which contains all the necessary paperwork I will be needing over the next several months.  The binder was red, plain and just downright boring.
See what I mean?
The reason there is all that scrap patterned paper in this picture is because originally I was going to create a collage with all that to cover the front, but I decided on something else.
I took a piece of heavy card stock and stamped repeatedly with a swirly background stamp, I also used (to many to list) my Copics again on coloring in another stamped image.  
I cut up the colored images into lines of three and adhered them to the stamped card stock

Here is the front:

Here is the back, side and whole thing together opened up


I just wanted to spruce it up a bit and I think I am happy with how this turned out also!  So all in all it's been a good crafty day for me!

Thanks for stopping by, take care & see you soon!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Shirley-Anne said...

Hi there Christy.great showcasing of " spotlighting " technique .Love your colouring .The image is well suited too for this .Like your altered Binder .Thanks for sharing both on Make it Monday .

Heide said...

What beautiful work. I just love the look of the spotlight technique. Saw you on MIM.
Hugs, Heide

Patti J said...

Beautifully done! Love your binder too. How much fun! Thanks for joining in our challenge at The House That Stamps Built :)

Post a Comment

All of your comments mean so much to me! Thank you for taking the time to do so.

Smiles!
Christy