Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

What I'm Aiming For This Year...

I know that it is nearly March and the time for New Year's resolutions is VERY late at this point. But as I approached the new year in 2009, I wasn't sure what I wanted to do. I now know and I guess it was just time that I needed to figure it out.
I know that there are many things that I need to change about myself as far as health is concerned. Today as of right now, I have had no cigarettes, which is a plus for me. This is my official quit date. Please pray that I am able to make it this time. I know I am. I need to do some other things as well, like make sure I take all my medications when I am supposed to and go to bed EVERY night, not just two or three times a week like I have been. But what I want to say now that I am aiming for is goals within myself, for myself.
For starters, the word I choose to be my word for the year, RESPONSIBLE, isn't quite how I have been lately. I have missed a lot of appointments with lots of people lately and I hate when I do that, I know THEY all HATE it when I do that. It's not right nor is it professional. So I am going to start trying to be more responsible in making appointments and commitments that I make to others. Another thing is that I talked to my friend a while ago and she was telling me that working on yourself and focusing on what you need for yourself right now might be the best thing for you. So I think I need to do that. I want to start focusing on myself and doing what Christy needs and to improve herself to be that person I want to be; happy!
Now I know they say not to set to many goals at one time so that if they all or some fail, then you won't feel bad. So for now, I am going to focus for the month of March on the smoking, and then towards the end of the month or in April, start to go up to my gym here at my apt. I mean I have this great 24 hour full access gym that is available to me and I have use it in the past but I NEED to get back there again. Baby steps, lol, for now. Stop the smoke, then start the gym.
These are my goals for now and through-out the year, they may change and I may add more. I just know that in order for me to feel better, something has to change for the better.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

All of your comments mean so much to me! Thank you for taking the time to do so.

Smiles!
Christy