Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2010

New camera, new shoes, and new book!

Well I don't know if you all know this about me but I am diabetic and as for most diabetics care of the feet is very important.  I have been having problems with my feet now for a couple years.  I had plantar faciitis in both feet which resulted in 3 new types of surgeries and then finally an old fashioned "go in and cut" surgery last year on my left foot.  Well the pain in my feet was temporarily absent for all of about 2 months.  Then I had a new type of pain...arthitis in both feet...ouch!  So my Dr. suggested that I get these snazzy new shoes.  I have been waiting for 2 months now to get them.  I was fitted over a month ago, but had to wait nearly a month to even do that!
The man I met with over a month ago sized my feet and made an impression of both feet for the inserts as well as the shoes.  I get there today to get them and they had me a pair of size 8 shoes!  I haven't worn a size 8 since my son was born and he's 18 now!  So thankfully they had a pair in my size after trying on 8 1/2, then 9 and finally a size 10, which embarrasingly I normally wear. 
So here is my new orthopedic shoes with the inserts that will HOPEFULLY make it easier for me to walk in and not be in massive pain when I do.

They don't look that bad, I mean they are a little bit bigger than the average gym shoe, but I will do whatever I need to do in order to not be in pain. 

I also belong to a group called Paperbackswap.com and it is a place where you swap books to one another.  I received a book from a friend of mine, Sherry, and I started reading it last night.  I love this book so far!  It is called "Something More: Excavating Your Authentic Self"  I went out on my balcony tonight as it wasn't to hot or muggy, and read over 50 pages!  That's a lot for me in one sitting considering that I think of myself as the worlds slowest reader, lol.

This book talks about finding out who you really are and findind your "authentic self".  In it is has exercises that will help one to do this.  I am very excited about reading this.







I also wanted to share with you my latest new "toy" that I received last week in the mail.  It's a new camera that I have been wanting for a while and it finally came!  It's the Kodak Easy Share Z981 Digital Camera.











This camera is so easy that is has an idiot button on it for all the different programs it offers for easy reference.  I just love it and cannot wait to really get out there and take some dazzeling pictures of everything and everyone!  I just need to get a nice case now for it.  But I love it so far and its not a disappointment at all! 
Blogger Templates

1 comments:

Electra said...

Hi Christy, love the new camera and the shoes. Did you get them on line? I can hardly walk, heer spurs and now arthritis. I would dearly love to be able to walk withouth pain. I'd love to hear how they work for you.
I've sent you an emil in response to your post about your daughter.

And thanks for your kind comments on my blog!

Post a Comment

All of your comments mean so much to me! Thank you for taking the time to do so.

Smiles!
Christy