Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Dazzles - Perfect Pearls - Embossing OH MY!

Good morning everyone...well, we are at Thursday which means only one more day until a three day weekend.  Do you have anything special planned?  Any last minute grill-outs?  Do you know that I have not been to one grill out this entire Summer!  What is up with that?  I am going to a grill out next Thursday.  I really am looking forward to that because it is a new group that I am joining in on.  Everyone else there will know each other and I am the newbie so to speak.  This is a small group that I was "matched up" with through my church.  I have never belonged to a group like this and so I am a wee bit nervous but at the same time I am very excited.  They meet over here on the East-side of Cincinnati by me which is nice being close and twice a month we will all get together.  We were asked that if we wanted to bring something as a side dish for next week to go for it...I cannot cook at all.  I want to bring something but something that won't poison them all...any suggestions?  I'll have to think on this one.  I was told that since it is my first time meeting everyone in the group that I do not need to bring anything but I really want to.

Today is a really busy day for me though, I have to go to the Middletown Arts Center to drop off some sample kits for some upcoming workshops.  One at the MAC and the other at Mt. Pleasant Retirement Village.  I have two other appointments today that between the 3 I will deplete all gas that I just put into the tank yesterday...ughhh.

Cheerful Fern Wishes
Here is a card that I worked on last night


This is the inside of the card


I am not entering this card into any challenges, I just wanted to make a card using these fern Dazzles that I had in my stash.  Unfortunately since I created it at night, I also photoed it at night and you cannot really get a good look at how shimmery and gorgeous these ferns are in real life.  They are made out of a  sparkly/glimmering material and are radiant.  The stems on the insides are all gold.
Materials Used:
White card stock as card base of 5" x 6"
Black card stock 
Paper from the Teresa Collins paper pack "Sweet Afternoon"
Paper from Fancy Pants paper pack "Baby Mine"
Stamp from Inkadinkado
Ink StazOn Jet Black
Fern Dazzles
Scotch ATG adhesive 

I also created another quickie Christmas card

B&W Christmas Card With Green/Red Accents
The sketch which was the inspiration of yesterdays Christmas card that I made was also the design inspiration behind this one

The color in this second picture is truer to the correct color.  I was a bit impatient and took this picture also in the night.  The gold accent around the green & black card stock was Eric's idea.  He and I looked at it knowing it needed something and we both tossed out some ideas and I liked his best.  Even though he didn't come right out and say "Hey Christy, I think some gold Perfect Pearls would do the trick..." he said enough to make me go to the pearls, lol.  I thought it just really brought it all together.  
Materials Used
White card stock as card base which is 5" x 7"
Black card stock 
More white card stock ran through my Sizzix Texture Boutique using a Cuttlebug embossing folder
Spellbinders Nestabilities - Labels Eighteen (S4-310)
Recollections Cling Stamp
Memento Cottage Ivy Ink
Perfect Pearls Sunflower Sparkle 
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
Sizzix Texture Boutique 
Red Ribbon 
Scotch - ATG adhesive

I hope you like these cards & are inspired to create something today! Thank you as always for taking the time to stop by, take care & have a wonderful day!
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

All of your comments mean so much to me! Thank you for taking the time to do so.

Smiles!
Christy