Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2012

New Cards, New Supplies, New Techniques - Just New New New!

Good morning my crafty friends!  I have some new cards that I want to share with you, some new techniques I have been playing around with that I think you will find interesting, some new supplies and just new things that have happened to me in the last few days that I want to share with you.  It's amazing how in just a few days so much can happen.

New Cards! 
So I will start off with a few cards that I did through out the night; one Christmas & two Halloween.

 The thing about these cards is that they are all using different coloring techniques.  The Christmas card is just using water color pencils with no water, same with the last card shown; the Dracula is colored in with watercolor pencils but no water was used.  The Witch card was heat embossed and then colored in with Zig markers.  Doing the embossing allowed me to color in all the needed spaces and not have to worry about bleeding into other areas.  I wanted to use my Copics on the card but in the class I took about Copics I am almost positive the instructor said not to mix embossing powder with them; even after heated.  I may be wrong but I didn't want to chance ruining my Copics.  The Zigs worked just fine all the same.

New Techniques!
I have also been fiddling around with some stencils I have and learning more ways to use them.  I belong to PaperWishes Personnel Shopper where I get 2 metal stencil a month and they send a color pamphlet each month that has details on new ways to use them.  One way is to use Artist Spackle on your stencils.   
 What you do is you take a tiny squeegee or a credit card or something similar and spread it out evenly over the stencil.  The Artist Spackle dries rather quickly and it is a permanent but flexible wonder! Let me show you one that I was messing around with the other day.
I used this rose & stained glass window stencil 
this is what I came up with

After the Artist Spackle dried I used Twinkling H2O's on the roses, you can see the glimmer in the red rose.  The other color of the the 2 roses was a blend and trial of some colors which I don't really like.  I really like how the red turned out and just the whole technique in general.  You can use this Spackle on stencil and then cut around it and use as an embellishment on a card or scrapbook page.  It's very cool stuff and I am just learning about it.
Another technique with stencils is a type of paper piercing but the end result is more like a perforated version of the stencil.  I did this using my We R Memory Keepers paper piercing tool but the end result wasn't to great because the holes were to big.  So I ended up using a regular sewing needle to get this much better result.

I used the same rose stencil for this after I pierced it completely I used some chalk to enhance it.  I wish I had only used one color for the stained glass part but like I said these are all me experimenting with new techniques and trying to find out what I like, don't like, what works and doesn't work for me.  I learned that using a regular sewing needle although tedious, really gave me that stunning effect that I was looking for because you can make smaller holes which my paper piercing tool made big ones. 

Volunteering Update!
I did what is called a "First Serve" yesterday at The Healing Center in the KCH - Kids Club House.  It was really great.  I tried to go through was supplies they have on hand so that I can try to incorporate them into specific crafts.  I will be there twice a week I think for now.  I think that this will help me a lot to be involved helping in this way.

Let's Make Greeting Cards Update!
Just wanted to mention that I have more cards to share with you.  I will be posting them in the next couple of weeks along with a link back to Let's Make Greeting Cards so that you can also view the tutorials and the other DT members creations.

Stampaway XX 2012!
Yes, Stampaway 2012 is here now in Cincinnati, Ohio and I have a ticket to go on Saturday for the one day convention where exhibitors like Tim Holtz & Jenni Bowlin will also be!!!  So exciting...I have been waiting for this day for a few months now and I am so glad I actually have some money set aside for it! LoL!  I will do a stash haul most likely and let you know how it went.

I still have more to share but I think this is quite enough for now.  Thank you for stopping by...take care and have a great day!

Smiles!
Christy


0 comments:

Post a Comment

All of your comments mean so much to me! Thank you for taking the time to do so.

Smiles!
Christy