Pages

Saturday, December 1, 2012

What's Your Word For 2013?

 Hello everyone! Wow have I missed you all.  I kind of went MIA there for a wee bit to put it kindly.  As I had mentioned we were in the process of moving and then I got very sick which hindered me from doing much of anything.  I feel somewhat better now and I see a new doctor this upcoming Monday so this is a good thing.  As far as the move went it was okay.  There are STILL a few boxes here and there that need attention but the new place is shaping up quite nicely.  It's quiet here unlike our last place and we have gone over to the park to walk on the trail there and its a gorgeous park.  There is even a man who rides in a carriage pulled by two beautiful horses that often travels up and down the road.  This is definitely something to see...

I mean how neat is this to see almost everyday?!  I think its very cool and I always get up to look out the window or step outside when I get lucky enough to see him and his horses. 

What's Your Word For 2013?
I have done this now for the last few years and I really like it because I think it makes an impact on how you want to see yourself in the coming new year.  It's not really a New Year's resolution but more of an enlightening experience that you try to keep aware of the whole year.  
Christine Kane has a Word of the Year Discovery Tool worksheet in pdf format and I highly recommend it and it will inspire you to come up with your own word or phrase for 2013.  
I only bring this topic up now and give you the above link so that you can start now to discover your word and have the time to really dig deep and get a good one!
I have a couple words that I am playing around with but I will let you know what I finally come down to when that happens.  I like to create something that has my word or phrase on it.  Something like a bookmark, crafted framed artwork of the word or phrase, even a note card that you can laminate and put somewhere you will see it everyday.  This is an opportunity to not only discover something about yourself but to also get crafty...and who doesn't like that!

Well I think I will end here, I am going to attend a crop tomorrow evening and the only reason I am doing this is because something really sad is going to happen tomorrow and I am really not ready to write about it just yet.  I just thought going to a crop at my LSS would help me get my mind in a little bit better place and help me relax some.

Thank you all for stopping by, take care, try to grab that  link above and discover your word for the new year and get crafting! 
Photobucket

2 comments:

Cole Meyer said...

Glad to hear that you are all settled in (looks like a charming area to be) and are feeling some better. Please, continue to get better!!!

redwasher1 said...

Christy, I'm so relieved that you are improving and hope you get well soon. Glad you got moved and settled in. Hugs, Geri

Post a Comment

All of your comments mean so much to me! Thank you for taking the time to do so.

Smiles!
Christy