Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

New Challenge Card

Good morning friends!  Thursday is here which means the weekend is almost upon us! Got any crafty plans?  I think I will be working on some cards & ATC's for a few swaps I am in on SCS.  I am just about finished with those Altered Halloween Jars that I showed you over the weekend.  I need to apply one more coat of the Polycrylic and add some small tags then they will be ready to fill with goodies.

Challenge Card 
I created a card for the current challenge over on The Creative Card Crew site.  The challenge there is to have Maps/Newsprint/Sheet Music/Script somewhere on your card.  I decided to create a wedding card since I seem to rarely make those & the music stamp that I used just screamed wedding card for some reason.



I used the Joys Of The Season Cricut cartridge and in the handbook on page 33 I cut the Doves.  I had originally made several more cuts so that the two doves would be different colors but as I looked at it more I felt that this was best left as is only making the heart red and nothing more.  
The stamp is a music sheet stamp that I just purchased at the Stamp Away XX here in Cincinnati a couple weeks ago.  The ink is Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Tea Dye.   I was able to use my Martha Stewart Punch Around The Page punches on this card.
I think these punches are the neatest because of all the cool tricks you can do with them.  Not just punching around the page but you can create doilies, very nice borders + more.  We teach a class on this at Michael's and it seems to be a very popular one.  I know that I have fun teaching it!

Today I am taking Kevin up to get a few job applications because he is not happy at his current employer.  So while we are out I am going to do some crafty supply restocking!  That always makes for a fun day.

Thank you again for stopping by my little part of the world it means so much to me!  Take care & have a super crafty day!
Photobucket

1 comments:

Margaret said...

Gorgeous card, love the colours

Thanks for joining us the Creative Card Crew for our "media" challenge

Margaret DT

Post a Comment

All of your comments mean so much to me! Thank you for taking the time to do so.

Smiles!
Christy