Pages

Monday, January 9, 2023

Organization Anyone?


Organization Anyone?

I have been on a mission to completely organize my supplies.  Because we all know allto well that if we cannot see it, we don't use it. Well typically we don't.  I have decided that I am going to do all my stamps on Evernote.  I use to stamp every single stamp in a set or however it came, give it a home in my Totally Tiffany pages on my ScrapRack.  Now I will still put everything in it's place in the scrap rack and use the same system except  now it should go faster since going forward I will not have to stamp everything.  I simply look up the stamp set and get a photo of it, title the set using the location first and then the title of the set and so on.  I have already got a lot of the stamp set photos and then I just need to put them into the Evernote system.  While I admmit, I do like stamping everything because it gives me an idea of how it will stamp or even it its a good one to use.  But this will be so much faster and I will have more time to play and create vs working on this project which has taken years so far and I am not done with logging everything.  I have most, but not all.  At least nothing  that I have purchased lately. 
I fully intend on doing this with my metal dies.  I seem to have more and more of those and buy duplicates.  It will be nice to havea it all done!  I will also do this with m,y inks, stencils,  Copic Markers, paints, and any othger medium I use on   the regular. Some things it wouldn't really be useful for l,ike embellishments since those are normally a one and done.  But I will see.

I was look at my blog last night and just remember allthe projects I would make and post about, all the design teams I was on along with joining in on challenges.  I would really LOVE to get back into a routine of doing things like this.  I will admit that I still am not in a place where I was years ago and still feel the loss of my mom from Aug 2021.  I get down  a lot more and mope about and hgave little to no interest in crafting.  So i think that by doing this, I get to see all my things I own and see how fun they were to create with.  i need to get back to that place where I truly enjoy crafting again.  I have been thinking about getting back more into scrapbooking which is where I started oh so long ago.  But I have been wanting to try some mixed media/art journaling too. I think that would be a lot of fun, to just let it go and see where it takes me. 

Some other fun news is that I made several sales on my etsy account lately. It's not a lot but I had 4 in 3 days and I was just tickled to death with that!  I need to make more of my birthday calendars. That seems to sell the most.  I want to make more magnets too.  I bought a lot of the items needed to create a bunch but I slipped into a funk and that was that. If I keep at it and just don't give in to the sadness maybe I can havea good crafting year.  I purchased a nice canapy to use at craft shows last year, I'd like to be able to use it this year.  I am learning more on my Cricut Maker so that is a lot of fun. I can make Iron-on's, wreaths using vinyl, leather items like jewelry and Keychains. I havethe cricut cup maker and i LOVE making cups! It just takes the time on my part to continue to learn it. To keep at it. To want it. To do it.

Maybe I am writing this all downfor all to see so that I will hold myself accountable in these endeavors I want to accomplish. I bought some planners, yes that is plural.  I got some from Erin Condrin and I love all her stuff, let's make this the year I actually use it all the year through! I got another planner from....I can't remember the name of it but I'll post it when I am home and can get that information.  But I got that planner because it's one you can color in and I'm going to make that my craft planner. I also got a planner on my tablet off etsy. It's for people who have ADHD, which I have.so it helps a lot with that too. 


I am going to end it here. My lunch break is now over. I will post more about how everything is coming along. I do have more crafts to upload, so I'll do that In my next post.

I hope you do something crafty today!


photo butterflysignature.png

0 comments:

Post a Comment

All of your comments mean so much to me! Thank you for taking the time to do so.

Smiles!
Christy